Sportclubby, a mobile app to book sports avenues, 🇮🇹raised €1.5m from a syndicate of investors.
Ecozema, a sustainable dishware startup, 🇮🇹raised €1.5m from AImpact.
KPI6, a consumer insights startup, 🇮🇹raised €2m, according to a joyful Linkedin post by its founder Alberto Nasciuti 😉
BeSafe Group, an insuretech startup, raised €1.2m in a round led by Prana Ventures and CDP Venture Capital.
Inpoi, a prop-tech startup, 🇮🇹raised €350k from a syndicate of business angels.
The Money - Dept of Italians abroad
- Amsterdam-based Rita Personal Data (co-founded by Guglielmo Schenardi), a startup offering users the ability to track their data, raised €1m in a pre-seed round led by Pitchdrive VC.
- Oxford-based Exogene (co-founded by Dr. Federico Paoletti), a startup employing AI to discover cell-based therapies to cure cancer, raised $2m in a round led by Selvedge Venture.
More on Q1 2022 in Italian Startups
If you cannot get enough info about Q1 in Italian startups, I’ve got two more reports from you:
- The 🇮🇹one prepared (full report following the link) by the Italian Tech Alliance / Growth Capital, and
- the 🇮🇹one prepared (a brief article) by VeM / Liuc Business School.
Note: in case you wonder, the numbers in the tracker below are a bit off from the official reports for two main reasons:
- I don’t make any difference between equity and debt rounds
- I record deals by date of publishing in this NL, not by date of the announcement. Sometimes the two differ (e.g. beginning/end of the year)
Turin to become the acceleration capital of Italy
Two more accelerators are launching in the city:
TakeOff, a space tech accelerator 🇮🇹created by Cdp Venture Capital, Fondazione Crt, UniCredit, Plug and Play Tech Center, Ogr Torino. The program is funded with more than €21m.
DIANA, a €1Bn, NATO-sponsored innovation program, will 🇮🇹base one of its accelerators in Turin.
Reading this week
- Alberto Dalmasso, Satispay CEO, on the 🇮🇹challenges of scaling a business out of Italy.😤
How DALL-E 2 works.🤓
- A survey on what investors consider good and great growth metrics when evaluating startups.🤠
Every week, I am posting a fundraising tracker for Italian startups, based on the news I publish.