Cubbit, a distributed, privacy-first cloud provider, raised €7m in an equity and debt round (bonus: you can find a discount code to a cubbit cell in the link). New investors include Azimut, Gellify, CDP Venture Capital, and IAG, along with returning🇮🇹 investors Techstars and Primo Ventures.
ShippyPro, a Florence-based shipping automation platform, raised $5m from Five Elms Capital.
Lampoo, a Milan-based fashion consignment marketplace, raised €6m from a syndicate of angel investors.
Senso, a refurbished iPhone seller, 🇮🇹raised €6m in debt.
La Passione, a D2C cycling clothing brand, announced a new round by existing investors MIP, Club Italia Investimenti 2, Club Digitale, and Cyclo Club. Amount undisclosed, but from the article and public information, it looks like the round was €4m-ish.
- Novavido, an IIT spin-off, raised €6m from a syndicate of investors including Alfasigma, Utopia SIS, the David Chiossone Institute, and Club2021. The startup is developing a therapy for retinitis pigmentosa and macular degeneration.
FabricNano, a UK-based bio-manufacturing startup, raised $12.5m in a round led by Atomico. The startup is co-founded by CTO 🇮🇹 Ferdinando Randisi.
ENEA (Bio?) Tech
- As you know I have been following the Enea Tech story since its inception, rapid ascension, and sudden fall. Events are still unfolding: a member of the Italian Parliament, Luca Carabetta, 🇮🇹published on Linkedin the announcement that the foundation will be allowed to invest €250m according to the original mission (investing in agri-tech, deep-tech, IT, circular economy startups), and will manage an extended budget of €400m focused on biotech investments.
- In essence, it appears that in order to solve the problem, the solution was to provide the foundation with more money (from €500m to €650m).
- It is still unclear whether the original management will be allowed to resume working, or if a new team will be brought on board.
Wired Italia 🇮🇹reports
that starting from the next 17th of July the Italian fintech sandbox will go live, allowing fintech and insuretech startups to develop their products within a set of looser rules. Another important step to fill the gap between Italy and Europe in this sector.
An interview with Marco Gaiani
Ilaria Cavalleri interviewed Marco Gaiani
, the founder of Linfa Ventures, an agri-food-tech VC fund recently launched and currently in fundraising.
Jobs in Italian startups
- You can explore 🔍 open positions here. Feel free to share the link with your contacts.
- You are welcome to add new open positions using this form 📥 . Or, forward the link to your CEO or HR person - the more open positions, the more relevant the list, the more it will travel across the web, the more candidates will see it. Thank you! 🙏🏻
- New this week: open positions from Kensu.io (senior backend engineer), DoctorsinItaly (social media manager), and Indacoapp (digital marketer - Fashion & Beauty).
The Week in Italian Startups goes Live on Clubhouse
! Join Giacomo Mollo and myself discussing the deals of the week. Every Monday, from 6:30 pm to 7:00 pm CEST (9:30 am PDT). In case you miss the episode, you can subscribe to the podcast
Have a great week,